Sharon, our beloved dorm Mom, soccer Mom, and actual Mom, is sick - she was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in late 2016. Over the last months, she has undergone a number of different treatment protocols. After completing her most recent protocol, although her doctor initially thought she was in remission, her cancer came back aggressively and in different forms. Due to her weakened condition from the recent treatment protocols, she is not able to re-engage the desired conventional protocols available in Taiwan for 3 to 6 months. However, because of the speed with which the cancer is moving, she can't wait for her body to recover to take action. This blog is setup to keep you up to date on how Sharon is doing.

Saturday, November 11, 2017

11/8

1

Dear Friends I am on a flight to the US to be with Sharon now. She is not in critical condition but also is not well so her sister and I decided it best that I come and join them there.

God has been good already. My brother came upstairs, which he rarely does, just as we made the decision. In the space of one hour and he had me on the quickest way possible and drove me to the airport. I forgot my ARC but Taiwan let me to depart anyway. The flight is quite full but I have an empty seat next to me. I also a drive from the airport with friends were sharing is. The driver familiar with the area.  What else is God going to do?

In His strength

Terry

2

Well I'm here. Sharon is coming from Mexico to a hospital in San Diego with her sister by ambulance. Please pray for that transport to go smoothly. She will be able to get the blood she needs there. Then we'll see what happens next.

I said what would God do next?  This was pretty good as in landed in SD

3

Sharon is in ICU in SanDiego with Gwenn and I in the room with her.  All the staff here have been wonderful. Dr K. said Sharon was in the roughest shape of anyone in the ER this evening and thus would get his fullest attention.  Once they got her settled and assessed the situation they decided that ICU was the best choice for now.  Nurse Elizabeth said it was fair to call her condition "stable".  That being said, as I sit here holding her hand, with her trying catch naps between nurse visits, and breathing with labor through a large tube covering he nose and mouth I can't help but think she's in pretty tough straits. Still she made us laugh this evening.  More red blood going in now.  Let's pray it's a supercharged batch.  There is concern for some infection in her lungs. Let's pray against that and that she'll be able to sleep. One day, in fact each moment at a time for right now.  I am with her and my heart is at rest.

Thanks for your vigilance 


Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment